COVID-19 – Our New Office Normal
As you may be aware, all dental offices were mandated to close for all routine appointments by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) as of 3/16/20 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This pandemic has changed our world and new measures needed to be taken everywhere to assure the safest and most healthy environment possible. With this in mind, our dental office wanted to assure you that we are doing everything possible to have our office be as safe as possible for our patients and staff.
Our office has always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continually follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued with specific reference to COVID-19.
- Effective October 2022, as recommended by the DOH, CDC, and American Dental Association, all patients and staff are no longer required to wear masks when entering our building. Our staff continues to wear masks when working on patients. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask when entering and leaving the building, it is a personal choice.
- We ask everyone to use hand sanitizer upon arrival. There are several hand sanitizer stations in our lobby and throughout our office.
- Staff may wear additional protective equipment as required such as gowns, face shields, and higher level protective masks.
- There will be more spaced out seating in the lobby area to keep patients at a safer distance apart. It is therefore recommended that only patients come to the appointments if possible. If a caregiver is necessary, we can offer assistance for the patient, and then the caregiver can remain in their car if they choose until the patient is done. For parents with children, it would be preferred, if possible, that only the child and parent with appointments come inside.
- Protective windows have been added at check-in and check-out to protect our patients and staff.
- Screening of patients will be done at each appointment to ensure no COVID-19 symptoms. If you have any symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath, cough, a recent loss of taste/smell, or contact with a positive COVID patient.
- Each patient will do an anti-microbial mouth rinse at the beginning of each appointment.
- We have brought our lending library back for your enjoyment. Please feel free to contribute your used books, or take some home from our library to enjoy.
- Where possible, we are scheduling appointments far enough apart, with extra time in between, to minimize possible contact with other patients.
- If patients have emergencies but also have COVID-19 symptoms, they will NOT be seen by our office and will be immediately referred to the hospital or an appropriate emergency doctor for treatment.